The abstract submission will open in July 2021
The six best papers will compete during the FACE AHEAD 2022 Young Surgeon Awards Competition. The authors of the three highest-scoring papers will receive the first-ever FACE AHEAD 2022 Young Surgeon Awards: the gold, silver and bronze prizes will include honorary certificates as well as monetary prizes.
A summary of the guidelines is as follows:
- The abstract language is English.
- The text should be not more than 300 words.
- Diagrams, tables and pictures should not appear in abstracts, only text.
- The abstract must consist of four paragraphs labelled: Objectives, Materials and Methods, Results and Conclusion.
- The case reports must consist on a short Summary emphasizing the interest.
- Submission categories:
4 Facial deformity surgery
5 Cleft lip and palate
6 Aesthetics surgery
7 TMJ disorders
8 Oral surgery/implants
9 Orthognathic surgery
10 3D planning
11 Basic research
- Presentation types:
- E-Poster (electronic poster)
Since the abstracts will be judged anonymously, the text should not reveal the institutional affiliation or any of the researchers.
Do not write all the text in CAPITAL LETTERS.
The text and the title should be free from abbreviations, except those commonly used. It should concisely address the problem and the purpose of the study.
The following structure is mandatory:
- Title: Minimum 3 words / no maximum
- Keywords: minimum 3 / maximum 7 keywords – chose these so that people can identify your abstract on an electronic search using these words as search terms.
- Abstract: maximum 300 words in total. All sections are mandatory.
- Objectives: What is the research question your study aims to answer?
- Materials and Methods: Outline how the study was conducted.
- Results: The main findings with numerical data and statistical significance.
- Conclusion: Discuss your results, briefly describe the principal conclusions drawn from the study.
We look forward to seeing you all in Barcelona!