Abstract submission is now closed
Enter the Young Surgeon Awards competition and take center stage – be one of six best papers to present your research on the main stage during FACE AHEAD 2022.
The FACE AHEAD 2022 scientific committee invites all surgeons to submit their research. Don’t miss the opportunity to present your research to hundreds of craniomaxillofacial surgeons worldwide!
The six best papers will compete during the FACE AHEAD 2022 Young Surgeon Awards competition, which will include a ten-minute presentation of each paper on the main stage including a brief Q&A session. The authors of the three highest-scoring papers will receive the first-ever FACE AHEAD Young Surgeon Awards.Notes to abstract submitters
Notification of acceptanceNotifications of acceptance or rejection of the abstracts will be sent to the corresponding author (the presenter) of the abstract by December 15, 2021 at the latest. The corresponding author receives all correspondence concerning the abstract. The corresponding author is responsible for informing all other co-authors of the status of the abstract. In order to receive confirmation, please ensure that emails from email@example.com are not marked as spam by your email provider.All abstract presenters will be asked to reconfirm their attendance after receiving the notification. If you don’t reconfirm your abstract presentation, register and pay the registration fee before January 10, 2022 your abstract will be cancelled.Presentations of abstractsThe submission of an abstract constitutes a formal commitment by the presenting author to present the abstract (if accepted) orally or as e-poster in the session and the time assigned by the FACE AHEAD Organizing Committee.
Abstract submission will be only accepted in English.
Submission categories1 Trauma
4 Facial deformity surgery
5 Cleft lip and palate
6 Aesthetics surgery
7 TMJ disorders
8 Oral surgery/implants
9 Orthognathic surgery
10 3D planning
11 Basic research
12 OtherThere will be two ways to present your abstract:
• E-Poster (electronic poster)
Publication of abstractsAccepted abstracts will be published online in the “Craniomaxillofacial Research and Innovation” Journal.
Abstract awardsFACE AHEAD 2022 Young Surgeon Awards: the gold, silver and bronze prizes will include honorary certificates as well as monetary prizes.
All oral abstract presenters are automatically entered in the competition of the FACE AHEAD 2022 Young Surgeon Awards. There are three awards: the gold, silver and bronze prizes will include honorary certificates as well as monetary prizes. The winners will be announced on-site. The awards will be sent electronically after the congress. Typing Requirements
Please take note of the following details:
- Abstract texts can only be uploaded as files with .doc .odt .rtf. extensions. (Max 1500Kb file size).
- You will not be able to write the text directly on-line.
- The submitter is not automatically the first author. If the submitter is also an author, please add the name and affiliation in the correct position.
- Abstracts will be published as submitted by the corresponding author. It is the author’s responsibility to submit a correct abstract. Any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific fact in the abstract text will be reproduced as typed by the author. Be careful that you enter your name and surname in the appropriate fields. Authors’ list will be published exactly as submitted. Be sure that names and order are correct.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes the authors’ consent to publication (e.g. CMTR Journal, abstract book on CD or USB, website, programs, other promotion, etc.).
- The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that he/she is the sole owner or has the rights of all the information and content provided to the FACE AHEAD Summit. The publication of the abstract does not infringe any third party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
- The Abstract Submitter grants the Organizers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the content.
- Abstracts can only be submitted in English.
- Please follow the on-line instructions to upload the file correctly.
- The abstract should not exceed 300 words. This does not include the title, author’s details, acknowledgement, references, and captions. The abstract body should be uploaded as a text-only file; title, authors and affiliation should be entered only in the proper fields.
- Since the abstracts will be judged anonymously, the text should not reveal the institutional affiliation or any of the researchers.
- Do not write all the text in CAPITAL LETTERS.
- The text and the title should be free from abbreviations, except those commonly used. It should concisely address the problem and the purpose of the study
- The following subdivisions of your abstract are MANDATORY:
- Title: Minimum 3 words / no maximum
- Keywords: minimum 3 / maximum 7 keywords – chose these so that people can identify your abstract on an electronic search using these words as search terms.
- Abstract: maximum 300 words in total. All sections are mandatory.
- Objectives: What is the research question your study aims to answer?
- Materials and Methods: Outline how the study was conducted.
- Results: The main findings with numerical data and statistical significance.
- Conclusion: Discuss your results, briefly describe the principal conclusions drawn from the study.
- One person may present a maximum of two (2) oral presentations
- There is no limit on the number of E-Posters presented.
- It is permitted to be a co-author of an unlimited number of abstracts.
- Figures and tables are not permitted
Important dates:Abstract submission opens: July 15, 2021
Abstract submission closes: October 15, 2021
Acceptance notification: December 15, 2021
Deadline to register for FACE AHEAD at a special abstract submitter’s registration fee: January 10, 2022